MD opener Friday

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Masboy, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

The boys were down Labor Day shooting ,checking there crossbows an getting a new string on one. me I,m not hunting MD or very little PA archery this year as my one son wants me to go with him some as he put up stands for us. mabye the Amish neighbor boys will have better luck behind my home if I don,t go there an shoot there bucks :p

I missed my river hill boat hunting last year buy shooting a PA archery buck :confused: I really enjoy my boat hunting, setting in the boat glassing the steep thick hillsides looking for a big boy with my 7mm saum at my side while relaxing. we eat very little deer meat anymore an I don,t want to drag,clean,butcher,wrap meat or anything that,s work :confused: I just want to have fun:p

2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Guess we all have our favorite things, Frank. I would give up rifle hunting any year by shooting a buck with my crossbow. With my hunting ability, it doesn't happen that often.;) Really don't think I'll be getting in the woods much until late October anyway.:(

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I always enjoyed my bow hunting much more than rifle . I learned so much about deer an there habits bow hunting by getting up close watching my game.i,ve spent so much time hunting MD,PA for years ,then taking all my kids hunting in both states for archery,rifle,muzzle loader . losing my drive now an getting tired as I get older an harder for me to sit in trees,on the ground very long .

I just feel so free an in a different world when I,m out on the water doing whatever.i will hunt the pre rut some as I enjoy trying to call in a buck as that,s exciting still:pif everything goes like planned an we get settled in you will have come down for some deer hunting Jeff.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I would love to come down some time, mainly to meet you. Shooting crossbows, hunting, fishing, whatever, would just be the gravy.;) No time to do that for a while now. We have probably a record # of tons of potatoes in the ground waiting for harvest, and plenty of groups signed up until mid-October.:eek:

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We're just going to call you tater from now on :p very good of you to give your time to help others. hope it comes back on you ten fold as I believe it will

6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Maybe next spring we can attend Franks Day Camp for Grumpy Ole Guys :D

jacol84 likes this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm stuck in the middle, I enjoy both seasons for different reasons. I'm a archery hunter first and that's my favorite season but I hold out for the big bucks I know are hiding out here. Rifle season I hunt with a few neighbors and we do small drives in several different woods. Last year there was three of us except for Saturdays, then our wives came out so we had maybe 5. One guy I hunt with never sees deer anyway so I just go to have a good time.

8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Sounds like fun, Bruce. I used to be part of a group that hunted up in Lycoming County. It was too much for the wife for us to all go up there once I started taking the boys hunting.:rolleyes: The only thing gun season means to me now is 10-15 times the number of people in the woods.:(