Michigan Deer Regulations

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by xcaliber, Dec 21, 2017.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

After the season ends I'm going to check out a lease in Michigan. It is 91 miles from home, and looks pretty promising. My only issue is the DNR rules & regulations are a bit hard to understand. I'll read more over the next week or so before making the move. More to come folks!

jacol84 likes this.
  2. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

I can try to help interpret our rules, it can be confusing, even for us that live here.

Let me know any questions you have.

jacol84 likes this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks! Will do. I'm reading it over & over for the next few weeks, and should get the rules figured out. I'll scratch down my questions as they come up, and shoot you a PM when I'm totally confused.:confused::D Thanks again for the fine offer!

MI_Bowhunter likes this.
  4. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

The worst is no crosbow in the late archery in the UP but only traveling 91 miles I doubt that would apply to you.

The lower third of the state is shotgun only for deer djring the regular firearm season, though they do allow muzzleloader and some straight walled rifle cartridges.

You can post them up here if you want perhaps others can benefit as well.

5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I will do that. I'm looking at a place near the south west tip. I'll be taking down some notes of the questions I run across. My real goal is to find something here in Indiana, but that might not happen, so plan B might be the better route.

6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Wow, I think I got his part right.
    I need a base license / non-resident = $151.00
    One Doe tag = $20.
    Second Doe tag = $ 170.00
    Combo Tag allows for two deer = $190.

I'm going to look real hard here first! Illinois is much higher for non-resident

7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Why do the DNR people make life so confusing for us little people :confused:.
    Good luck Dan, I think nonresident fees in Pa are pretty stiff also, PGC needs every dollar they can grab away from us hunters.

MI_Bowhunter and xcaliber like this.