My 2017 season ----->

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Oppie, Oct 5, 2017.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

My Wife swears the Doctor left his watch in her knee after surgery, or maybe his wedding ring!:eek::D

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Bruce, it took many years to realize the scent thing. I used to hang out so much crap it looked like Marti Gras!

Oppie likes this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's the other part is the whole scent dispenser thing :) plus getting doe pee in your eye to really make your day o_O

4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Good times! :D

Oppie likes this.
  5. robertyb

robertyb Member

I accused mt heart surgeon of playing a game of Ping Pong with my heart while he had it out. He just grinned and said "busted". dead:

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Did you guys get a lot of rain? we just had a on,off showers it seemed ,never seen it coming down hard or running down my drive or the road. no real strong wind here that I seen ,just around 10-20 mph .

Oppie likes this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yep, the rain has let up but the wind is blowing.

8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sullivan Co. Morning News Headlines

Two chipmunks were left homeless after winds caused their home to crash to the ground over night.

Squirrels report hazardous squirreling conditions during acorn transport due to wet leaves.

The morning commute wasn't changed by the storm, drivers still traveled at 10-15mph under the speed limit.

A small rock slid down onto the side of US 220 several months ago, someone just realized it today.

A twelve-point buck reports a hunter felled a sapling this morning with an out of control arrow. He said if it were ten yards lower, it may have injured him.

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol ! Winds picking up here now an maybe gust of 25-30 mph . I just looked on the susky river water level graph an it shows a pretty good rise coming soon.so guessing pretty good rain up north somewhere. should be a big river cool down with the cool water coming down.going to get some hunting in when the winds slows down a bit .

10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Parts of this area got 2"+, some roads are closed. Towanda creek is flooding low spots.

11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I just might put some rocks in my pockets an head out for a walk just before dark, I know where Farmer Chad left a couple bushels of corn laying in a pile in the middle of a field ;).

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That’s baiting :p anything you do in PA is illegal :confused::p I think we all need to make up our own hunting regulations in pa :D must be democrats running the PA game com with there thinking:mad:

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  13. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Frank, my friend Bob always used to say "It's legal for us!" Central PA wisdom.

Oppie likes this.
  14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! Just like my Amish neighbor who has a large farm an plenty of crop damage an feeds these deer all year . state says they own the deer an he has to pay for a doe permit but is guaranteed to get one :confused: money ,money,money !

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

But the farmer lost the corn, I didn't put it there, like that makes a difference to the WCO.

16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's a fact Jack o_O . It's the same story on the farm I'm hunting, deer destroying the corn but they have to pay for doe permits. I got my regular doe permit last summer.
    They got ten Dmap (farm tag) and passed them out to a few of the neighbors, Sooooo, my wife and I each got one but when I took them to the license agent he printed both in My name, none in her's so I ended up with three doe tags :p and one buck tag :D.

xcaliber likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I know him :), he sure gets around.

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  18. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Frank and Bruce, here's an exaample. We were hunting grouse after Christmas. Working some thick brush and a small jake turkey goes runing/trying to fly out. Boom. "Hey, I always hunt with a dog, and it's illegal to hunt turkeys with a dog, so anytime I see a turkey, it's gonna be illegal, so why shouldn't I shoot this one now? It's legal for us.";) If it weren't for Bob and his family, I probably wouldn't be hunting or fishing today. He's changed a lot (like we all have). He's the one that sent me the pic of the probably 400#+ bear through his scope with the crosshairs on the kill spot. He didn't shoot him.:cool:

Oppie likes this.
  19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That works for me :). One of my hunting buddies would grind on me hard if we didn't shoot the turkey.
    I used to hunt with two brothers that had a family farm, in doe season they called it "Cardboard county" if you had a piece of cardboard you had a doe tag. They said the same thing Frank said about feeding the deer year around.
    That farm has been split up five ways, logged by idiots, all the stone taken off it and basically un-huntable now :(.

20. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Just do what you think is right an enjoy :p
    I was out this morning an seen nothing but fog . 2 times out an not seen a deer yet . I,m ok with it as I have to help the wife watch her mom an can,t leave everything fall on her as she,s stressed enough dealing with it. I try to think good thoughts an not dwell on the bad stuff ( my theory in life )maybe I will kill a big river hill buck this year from hunting by boat :p