My 2017 season ----->

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Oppie, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

One of my favorite episode's was a few yrs back on end the first Saturday. A few of us was in the neighbors barn with food an beverages with 3 or 4 deer hanginging the front part when our local WCO came walking in, he said hello to us then wanted to know if we wanted another deer, he had a illegally killed doe to get rid of :D. so we took his deer and he left, he never checked our deer or us.
    My buddy goes to work Monday morning to listen to his boss crying about a WCO taking his deer away from him, fining him and losing his license for three years. Yep, same deer :).

jacol84 likes this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! I think I would have had to tell him a WCO man gave us a free deer,couldn,t be the same one could it :D I never liked working that much anyway :p

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I've even hunted on the WCO's land, we got a doe there last year. I saw a big buck sneaking away but couldn't shoot in that direction cause wco's house was behind it.

Seems like this Full moon has got the deer hiding during the day light, I'm seeing tracks an scrapes/rubs but no deer :(. Guess maybe if I try turkey hunting I'll see deer :) an fake em out.

jacol84 likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My sister sent me this picture yesterday, she was out to the Benazette, check station yesterday when this Pa. elk came in.

elk.jpg

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Wow! that,s a pretty big boy !

6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Very, very nice!

7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

She didn't send me any details, except someone brought in a 377 lb black bear taken with bow, no picture's :rolleyes:, thought I taught her better than that.

xcaliber likes this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Damn Love it Button is stuck, again!:cool:

Oppie likes this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Well the corn pile is gone, Vacuumed up by the deer under the Full Moon, nothing but mud spot now :D. Looked out the kitchen window this morning @ 1 am and saw 3 deer feeding around my boat :oops:.......
    I Hate hunting under the full moon , :confused: BUT we had a heavy frost this morning :) it should start the chasing phase :). Time to put dab of Doe-in-heat behind your ears and get ready!

jacol84 likes this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Out this evening an zip again :confused: 0 deer for three hunts so far hunting a farm , so back to the river hills away from everyone

11. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

6 days left.

12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

What a prime 6 days they are ! In the past 6,7 have been real deer killing days around here. today's one of the few days MD allows Sunday hunting ,the boys will be there I,m sure.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Watched a small buck cross our field this morning tasting the air and walking all stiff & goofy looking. He didn't even stop an munch on clover just kept on trucking :p looking for does :D. I've got half a day tomorrow an maybe Fri. & Sat. left to hunt, guess it's time to get serious :cool: :)

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  14. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Didn't get out this weekend at all. Finished up two bathrooms we painted instead. I don't like hunting when there are thunderstorms predicted!:eek: Next weekend is the last weekend for bow only hunting, then the guns start booming. I'm looking forward to gun hunting this year.:D:cool:
    Good Luck Bruce, hope you get a nice one!

jacol84 likes this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I went down this morning to check out my spot where I turkey hunt an found my spot on a little knoll.it,s between two trails they use to cross the road ,creek to get to a big thicket on the other side. I look an there,s a fresh gut pile laying in the old road :confused:must have been a real small deer by the looks of it an shot yesterday. Calling for rain ,thunderstorms tomorrow so no boat hunting . plan c whatever that is :confused::p

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Up to a inch of rain an winds up to 20+, No thanks.

17. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Be safe if you do decide to go out. I have had my share of "Tree Rides" over the years!

Oppie likes this.
  18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

No thank you, my wings are to short for my height these days :p

xcaliber likes this.
  19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Dear lord.jpg

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  20. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Need my "Love It Button" Hilarious. Funniest part is, I know guys like that. We have to put them on suicide watch for a few weeks after the season ends if they kill a deer!:eek:

Oppie likes this.