My Deathstalker

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by bbahunter, Aug 5, 2017.

1. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I got my Scorpyd today, and all I can say is wow!
    Dave at Wyvern's custom camo dipped it in Kryptek Raid urban camo with soft touch and it came out perfectly.
    Dave is an awesome dealer, camo dipper, and most of all a great guy!
    219ec13e221e5890c667565b1d16fbfc.jpg be698f0ef31edb654d763c3a54c7b94b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathew57, Joe and jacol84 like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Looks great. Can't wait for the shooting report.:D

bbahunter likes this.
  3. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Looking forward for the Review !

bbahunter likes this.
  4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

On second look, I'm very curious about the Tunerz on the scope. Don't believe I've seen anyone else do that before.

5. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Jeff, i had that scope on one of my recurves before. I put it on there to cut down on the vibration for the flimsy pinpoint mount. Not sure if my theory worked or not. :eek::D
    So i left it on there. ;)

jacol84 likes this.
  6. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I may go to burris zee rings anyway.

7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

A lot less WAPzzzz with this one than your others, I'd guess.;)

bbahunter likes this.
  8. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

What can u tell us about the factory string ? I've always wondered about it . Thanks

9. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

As far as what Mike? Who makes it, serving wear etc.?

10. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Material type, Serving material, Are the loops served ? Do you need a press to change it ? Thanks

11. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I would have to find out on material and serving, but i think americas best bowstrings makes them for scorpyd.
    The end loops are served.
    You don't have to use a press, because someone devised a way around that. The old style scorpyd cams, you could use 2 screwdivers to put in the cams to change the string.
    With the new extreme cams there is a way with a couple screws and slave string.
    I will try and find that thread on that.
    I use this:https://www.wyverncreations.com/ser...s-p-424.html?zenid=dqtn8h8jefe9mnup3vpluhou21

jacol84 likes this.
  12. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

13. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Thanks for the info ! I have always wondered about the scorpyd bows .

14. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Mike, they are so easy to work on it is rediculous. This is the bow i was waiting for from scorpyd, i had a ventilator which was nice, but it wasn't completely what i was looking for, So, i sold it.

15. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Love to have one myself !

16. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

17. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

This bow continues to impress me. It keeps shooting lights out even though some other people on forums had some issues shooting this bow.
    Scorpyd did have some strings coming out of spec on the serving diameter, mine being one of them, but my bow still shot great.
    Scorpyd redesignd the ADF ramp, and they replaced them on the bows, also some strings with correct serving diameter.
    I went to wyvern creations saturday, and Dave replaced the trigger assembly with the new updated version, and i got a string with correct serving diameter.
    Dave's a great guy with great service, and my bow was all set quickly.
    He also adjusted the timing on Bobs ravin while i was there, because Bob doesn't have a press.
    Any way, did some shooting with the updated trigger and string, and my bow is still shooting lights out like it was before. Iam a little puzzled with the issues people were having with this bow?
    I hope these updates help the people who had issues with their bows, but mine is shooting the same as it was before.
    Oh, one thing i have done differently than others from the start, was use low profile bohning heat vanes instead of the blazers, blazers will hit the cable slide.
    This bow also does not like to be held tight, it likes to be shot like the storm and ravin with a very light foregrip, it basically likes to shoot itself.;)
    Bobs ready shot works great with this bow, and also shooting freehand is accurate too.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    jacol84 likes this.
  18. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Mike, scorpyd is using 8190 for the string material, i don't know what the center serving is though.