New hunter

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Masboy, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

image.png She just turned 8 years old not long ago an this was her first real hunt with her dad .they seen 2 bucks an some doe with one being a real nice buck.it walked by at 15yds but was walking strait away as she got it in the scope an never gave her a good shot except a walking Texas heart shot. she passed not having a good shot like her dad said to do if not a good shot . she was super excited as was my son as he said it was no little buck. she had her dads vixtrix ready for action ,because we only checked her bow today with broadheads an it,s good to go .
    image.png

bbahunter, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  2. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Looks like a Happy young'un !

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

She looks real serious, maybe too serious! ;):eek: Very nice Frank, good luck to both of you.

jacol84 and 8ptbuk like this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Son says she was shaking with the excitement of watching the deer :p

jacol84, xcaliber and 8ptbuk like this.
  5. CharlieZane

CharlieZane New Member

looks like a happy camper good luck to her on her first season

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My son just came up from Tennessee yesterday to spend a week. He brought her up a Marlin 336 lever action youth model 30-30 with a laminated stock as a gift,what a sweet little gun .i will do a action smoothing,trigger job on it for her.he brought me a st croix 5w 8' 6 flyrod an reel,we went to cabela,s today, lunch at red robin,stopped at nutters a great food take out place an got us a quart of home made cream of crab soup(yum yum) to take home for supper.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    jacol84, 8ptbuk and xcaliber like this.