New Muzzleloader

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by MI_Bowhunter, Dec 30, 2017.

1. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

Not crossbow related but I was at my FFL picking up something else and this caught my eye in the used rack. I've been wanting one since they came out so I jumped on it. It's slightly used but is in great shape. He even threw in the Ruger bag which fits it perfectly.

If it had camo grips it would match my rifle perfectly.

I wish I had found it sooner, my deer season ends on Monday.

I hope to get out to the range as soon as we come out of this ice age.

OptimaPistol_001.jpg

OptimaPistol_002.jpg

OptimaPistol_003.jpg

OptimaPistol_004.jpg

OptimaPistol_005.jpg

OptimaPistol_006.jpg

OptimaPistol_007.jpg

bbahunter, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

She's a blast to shoot, and more accurate than you can believe. I'm at 70 grains of 777 loose powder, T/C XTP 240 grain Sabots, and I topped mine with a Bushnell Handgun Scope. You're gonna love that gun! Bottom was sighting in the new scope at 50 yards. Bottom target was where I left it. Have fun Bud!:cool:
    CVA_V2_case.jpg

Winchester_Deer_Black_Bear_240_Grain.jpg

bbahunter and MI_Bowhunter like this.
  3. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

I'm not a fan of red dots for anything outside of target shooting but I will probably leave it on for now until get used to the gun.

Nice shooting, that gives me more hope than I had for it.

I love the single shot pistols. I've got a TC Contender with several barrels and I just love that thing. I looked for a ML barrel for it but it is the older design and I could not find one that would fit it.

I'm looking forward to getting this one out on the range and having some fun.

xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I bought a handgun rest to help with the control & confidence building using it. Trust me, the gun is accurate! After the Holidays give me a call, I have had mine for a few years, and got off to a bad start with her. It was all me.
    219-789-2052.

Dan

CVA_V2_2.jpg

MI_Bowhunter likes this.
  5. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

I'll take you up on that. Been hunting with the ML rifle for several years but this will be the first time with the pistol. Anything that will help me avoid pitfalls is appreciated.

xcaliber likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

looks Good ! bergara barrels on the newer ones I think .my son has one with a fine trigger an like Dan says there a shooter .we took a old cva rifle stock an cut it off an modified it to fit an interchange with the grip ,what a fine feeling little hunting rig.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    MI_Bowhunter and xcaliber like this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

You can get that palm saver for the end of your ram rod at CVA website, it makes it a whole lot easier to push them home.

MI_Bowhunter likes this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sweeeet Toyzz Boyzz :D.

MI_Bowhunter and xcaliber like this.