One year ago today.

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Dec 31, 2017.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

One year ago today my Mother passed away, I miss her more than I can say, but I know she would want her family to get together & celebrate life! I prayed this morning for her, and it felt like with her, it's time to pack up, and roll on down to our daughter's place soon. There, we will celebrate together.
    Be safe all, and please don't drink & drive. We all have someone that loves us, and needs us!

Happy New Year!
    Dan

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  2. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

Sorry to hear. Most moms I know wouldn't want their children to feel sad, they would want them to reflect back but also embrace end enjoy the life they are still living.

Be safe out there. Too many people on the road today that should not be.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  3. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Member

Happy New Year Dan !

4. Stalker

Stalker Member

Sorry to hear of your loss Dan.I too lost my mom just over 8 years ago.Not a day goes by that I dont think of her.Today is my dads 83rd birthday he recently recently spent some time in the hospital but is thankfully doing much better now.Happy new year!

5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Sorry Dan. Lost my mom back in 2013. Not an easy thing, and never will be.

xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sorry to hear that Dan,A mothers love is never ending or forgotten .

7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Spent most of the evening with my daughters, home now and chilling out. Hope you all have a great New Year's Eve.

jacol84 likes this.
  8. robertyb

robertyb Member

I lost my Mom Christmas morning of 2001. I think of her daily too and will never quit missing her. Mom are special. :)

9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

It's never easy losing our mom's, I miss my mom every day. We stopped in an saw my dad Saturday, he's 93 and his girl friend passed a couple of months ago @ 97 but he's doing well an very happy :). He's an amazing man, someday I'm going to grow up an be just like him!

Stalker, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Bruce, you're a lucky man to still have the Old Boy around. I know when i grow up there will be a few things I do differently for sure.

Stalker, jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I am blessed for sure. He still has his mind and is pretty content & happy. He never complains or ask for anything but try to stop in an chat a while.

xcaliber, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Love it Bruce.

Oppie likes this.