Ordered a new toy

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Ordered me a weihrauch HW30s 177cal air rifle an can,t wait for it to get here.i had a HW70 pistol years ago an was deadly with it an couldn,t put it down,till the wife started running out of cloth pins :rolleyes: I was going to get a pistol but figure I have my ruger mark IV an real happy with it an no pistol can compare with a rifle for accuracy in my hands. This is a plain Jane model with a great adj trigger,very accurate ,wood stock an a real fine gun I read.nutten will be safe around here :eek::p
    5B6E3B49-FA85-4276-8C6E-095703056C27_zpsthqlhkun.png

2. Delta-Stan

Delta-Stan Member

Hi........

Congrats, that is a fine air rifle.

My father bought a DIANA 35 back in the 60ies and I have it now, it is still a good shooter but I will bring it to the shop for new o-rings and a new spring.

BTW, over here the energy is limited to 7.5 joules. We can buy stronger springs but we're not allowed to use them in the rifle :)

I know that you can get stronger springs for the WEIHRAUCH, too.

enjoy your new toy and

be safe

Stan

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Recieved my gun today an never been happier with anything. things a shooter an not even broke in as the top group the first 4 out of the gun ,then moved sight an shot lower 3 :oops: Open sights an not match pellets at 33 ft. what a quaily gun an great trigger . got a free spinning rat target with it .
    2D8D4965-5A8E-4D94-B943-93EAD87FC3BA_zpsxqtgw6pr.jpg
    D27341FC-BE39-4FA0-8072-236BF9AA01A8_zpso86i9qpv.jpg
    40618005-A750-487A-8E74-6711D46AA847_zpsfhjt0tpb.jpg

jacol84, TX_RDXguy and Jack Pine like this.
  4. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

I likey Frank!!

xcaliber likes this.
  5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Fine air gun, and the shooter is doing an excellent job as well.:D

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Things a shooter as this is my best 3 shot group so far with crossman premier pellets :oops: things alittle hold sinceitive but I,m figuring it out:p I couldn,t ask for anything more from it as it shoots better than I do. can,t wait to scope it with my old varizone an match pellets :oops:
    83E19AF0-F5C5-421A-8EB1-224513B86B04_zpscjp6j2zc.jpg

7. Delta-Stan

Delta-Stan Member

Hi...............

Your results don't surprise me, in Germany the WEIHRAUCH air rifles are known for high precision shooting.

The children of your grandchildren will still shoot it for decades.

Check their homepage for air rifles and pistols:

http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/?lang=en

Even in Germany these air rifles are legal as long as they keep the energy under 7.5 joules.

Let me know if you want a stronger spring for it:

https://www.shoot-club.de/Exportfeder-Weihrauch-HW-30nbsp;.htm?websale8=shoot-club&pi=6649

16 joules, man that's nothing but power !!

be safe

Stan

jacol84 likes this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I got complements from my uncle on the bluing ,fit an finish,accuracy of this gun . he could not believe it for the price an such a fine gun. I put my varizone on it an it likes to poke holes with cheap 5$ rws hobby pellets so no high dollar match pellets needs for my use. no heavy spring needed here Stan as I like it just like it is ,but I may take it apart an tune it an polish some things as I read about how an seems simple. thanks for the offer Stan. I,m going to get a good scope for it because It,s a keeper an I couldn,t put it down today . put a big dent in my 1000 rd pellet supply today 1 at a time :p

Delta-Stan and jacol84 like this.
  9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I likey too!

10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Brucie likey too :D.

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

• I tryed everything I could with open sights but I just can,t shoot good at any distance :confused: I went to my varizone but can,t get the target an my crosshair in focus at the same time ,a problem I have with lots of scopes up close even with adj ao . I spent all day trying to figure out a mount on the barrel where my rear sight mounted to attach my vortex venom without changing a lot . no luck with that but made a mount from a old weaver base drilled ,filed the base only an mounted it on using the original rear sight mounting holes.

then found out the stock up front would not let the gun cock :eek: had to take 1-1/2 inches off the front of the stock to get it to cock:eek: works great now an what I wanted but not all the trouble. sometimes I wish I could just leave stuff alone like normal people o_O :p will be a good test for this vortex venom :D
    D5F6C530-8815-448C-8CA4-B095F7DD715C_zpsog9qtipc.jpg
    25ACBE12-D161-4E2E-93EE-CEB94A6B7F86_zps2523qlac.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Delta-Stan and jacol84 like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Well we all know that's not going to happen :p. Normal people are strange, following all the directions and rules an stuff :rolleyes:

13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! at least we're smart enough to know we're not normal :rolleyes: ( some don,t know that ) mostly democrats me think :p

Delta-Stan, Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  14. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Where is that Love It Button? :p:D

Oppie likes this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Out shooting this morning testing from 5yd -25yd
    5yd- 1/2 inch low
    10yd- dead on
    15yd- 1/2 inch high
    20yd-1/2 inch high an hit same holes as 15yds ?
    25yd- dead on
    just like my bows I like to know where my arrow shoots for poi at most ranges.
    done an what a deadly fine rig with this vortex venom for my shooting. lots of tinkering to get it like I wanted but worth every bit. now ready for anything that needs a pellet :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Jack Pine and jacol84 like this.
  16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I have a pair of starlings that needs pellets.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  17. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I got some also that are taking over my little sparrows bird houses ,I think they have baby's in there an feel kind of bad wacking them now.got black birds crapping all over everything an one reason I got this gun. made one of the best shots I ever made on a blackbird flying by kind of slow the other day ,pulled in front of him an squeezing the trigger as I kept the gun moving an he dropped like a rock an hit the ground a running. don,t know who was more surprised him or I :p

Oppie likes this.
  18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

A pair of starlings have moved into my pavilion and they are making a mess, they're goin to die, and their baby's too, or they will keep returning year after year!
    It's pretty bad when my wife and son are arguing with me about the best way to get rid of them, wife want some kind of bird strips from amazon for the rafters, son says a pellet gun is the only way, don't have a pellet gun but that doesn't matter :rolleyes:
    I'm all in with a 20ga and three shells :p

19. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

I have some loud-mouth cherry-stealing robins that need pellets real bad.
    LOL robins are real funny. We have a lot of wild cherry trees here, where the cherries are black and about the size of a pea. In the fall they drop off and start to ferment. Those stupid robins get crocked on 'em. Fly funny and get real loud.

20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I worked in a warehouse that hired "professional's" to come in and remove the pigeons, they gave em feed laced with a drug that made em fall into walls and flip out spiral to the ground, sure fun to watch. The pigeons lost the battle but won the war, they brought their kit & kin back!