Out for a Spell

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Sep 6, 2018.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Folks, i have been in recovery from a quintuple bypass on 8/2/18. I suffered a heart attack at least a few days before going in to the hospital, and if i had delayed going in for 4 more days I would not have survived according to the surgeon. I'm recovering well, and getting better every day. I'll keep you all posted.

Dan

carch4 likes this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Prayers sent for speedy and complete recovery, Dan. Thanks for letting us know.

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

X2 Dan ! glad you got it in time ! looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

4. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

X3, Good luck on your recovery Dan. Do what your Doc tells you and you will be fine. Bob, just had a triple bypass,in late june i think it was, and he is doing well.
    We are going out to one of his hunting areas tomorrow to setup a ladder stand for him.

jacol84 likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Good that you're doing that. Tell Bob hello for me please, he commented on Excalibur forum that he had gone through that too.

jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  6. Stalker

Stalker Member

I'll say a prayer Dan! Get well soon and take it easy!

jacol84 likes this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

So sorry to read this, dam glad you got to the hospital in time. Take care man, a lot of people are depending on you, get your butt back in shape, hunting season is coming at us fast.

jacol84 likes this.
  8. Patriot

Patriot Member

Just saw this Dan, I hope you are feeling better! Any updates? Prayers sent your way.

9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'm getting better every day. I'm going back into the hospital late December for a scan of my heart to determine if there is permanent damage. Looking forward to getting strong enough to do things again. I had to hire a lawn service after a few mows with my wife helping me out. The reason for this is my blood sugar drops dangerously low when I am active some times. We are attending some diabetic learning classes this week to personalize recipes for me. Anyway, things are looking better, and we are Grandparents since September 22. Morgan Nicole is her name, she is perfect, healthy, and very spirited. I really need to get my self in better health, and help her grow up.

Oppie, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Wish you the best for you an your family Dan ! Life can change in a short time as you know.my wife has a sign on the wall that reads
    (Live a good life) in the end ,it,s not the years in your life but the life in your years.)what I get from it is enjoy everyday ,live life to the fullest . I try:p

xcaliber likes this.
  11. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Awesome news on the grandaughter, Dan. Congrats. Wishing you better health. You are in my prayers. My son and D.I.L. are expecting their second child, a girl this time, in January. Like you, I know I want to get in better ahape to see and be part of their lives.

xcaliber likes this.
  12. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Hang in there Dan and take it slowly. Life is a beautiful thing but tough at times !

xcaliber likes this.
  13. Patriot

Patriot Member

Glad to hear your making progress Dan. My wife and I will keep you in our prayers.

xcaliber likes this.
  14. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Holy smoke! I don't know how I missed this Dan! Was totally unaware of it until now. Glad you're still kickin. Congrats on beating the reaper and on your new granddaughter

xcaliber likes this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m not very observant Dan! Congrats on the new granddaughter ! I thought the name sounds familiar, figured it out why after some thinking :confused: my daughters middle name is Morgan,my granddaughters middle name is Nicole :p

xcaliber likes this.
  16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Well folks, I'm getting worse, not better lately. I had a setback that started on 10/4. My blood sugar crashed under 40 points, and since then it's been rough. I have congestive heart failure, and have had my Doctors chasing symptoms since. My meds have been changed, increased, decreased, etc. I started a new medication today, and so far no bad reactions. My Dr. says no hunting until we get this under control, and I start back in cardiac rehab. I'll know more in two weeks about long term issues. Right now, I'm home bound pretty much.

17. Patriot

Patriot Member

Hang in there Dan, we will continue to lift up prayers for you.

jacol84 likes this.
  18. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Prayers sent, Dan.

19. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Prayers sent Dan !

20. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Praying for you an your family Dan! get well soon