Over the bushes and under the limbs.

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Stalker, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

My next door neighbors recently moved and the house and back yard is vacant. This gives me the opportunity to shoot a little farther than my usual 30 yards here at the house.

I do have to shoot over the bushes and under the tree limbs but I can reach out to 40 yards.

After a couple of practice shots I ended up shooting a couple of nice groups with my Matrix 350:D

Here's the pics showing how I must thread the needle to make it work and 2 groups.:eek::D [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I also took some shots with my KI Ripper to verify my broad heads at 40:D A slight adjustment of the speed ring after this shot put them on the money:D. [​IMG] Hopefully the house will stay vacant for a while:D

bbahunter, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  2. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Good shooting! Invest in the future; buy the house!

jacol84 likes this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Member

Believe me I thought of that:D A extra mortgage for 10 extra yards is kind of a hefty price. I already have 3 bedrooms I dont use.

Hopefully I'll we can down size house wise and get more acreage in the future.

bbahunter, Jack Pine and jacol84 like this.
  4. Stalker

Stalker Member

Made a better box target this evening. Pushed it back another 10 yards after this group at 40 with the Excal and 1 with the CP Sniper:D 20190910_154634.jpg
    The 2219 and Excal were pretty close. I have the Sniper sighted in with broad heads and this practice arrow hits a little low. Still not bad for 50 yards. Loving the extended range. 20190910_171027.jpg

Jack Pine, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looking good! that,s about all I shoot anymore ,a cardboard box full of rags for everything.set it up on it,s side an it,s a deer body:p longer range requires larger dots,less wind ,but lots of fun :p

Stalker likes this.
  6. Stalker

Stalker Member

Poor mans 3D target:D faux deer 004.JPG

Munch007, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We still do that also,to bad deer don,t have dots on them:p

xcaliber likes this.
  8. Stalker

Stalker Member

Some have spots:D Thats my 25yard target tote on the left. 00000013.JPG

xcaliber likes this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Poor babies:p

Stalker likes this.