Pennsylvania Black bear den Live stream camera.

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Oppie, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

From PGC page.
    Have you ever wondered what life is like inside a black bear den? Well wonder no more, because you can watch our newest live stream from Monroe County, which is streaming live from within a black bear den, located within a semi-rural development.
    A hibernating sow with cubs is in the den; but no one can yet confirm how many cubs there are. Stay tuned! As we move through March, the cubs will become more visible and active; early in the month we may see the sow's back much of the time.

Black bears are wild creatures and it is important for us to keep them wild. Please refrain from naming the sow and her cubs to respect them as wild animals. Also respect the privacy of the bears and the landowners, to whom we are extremely grateful for their enthusiastic cooperation in allowing us to share this peek into the lives of black bears.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE: https://www.pgc.pa.gov/…/Wildl…/BlackBear/Pages/default.aspx.

Munch007, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Saw part of one cub this afternoon :). Last fall I was addicted to watching the live Elk cam, saw some beautiful pennsylvania elk.

jacol84, bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Cool! I would rather see them in the wild ,than thru my sights. that,s just my feelings about bears.

Oppie likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Pretty much the same here :). Here's the Pa. eagle cam near Hanover Pa.
    https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/hanover-bald-eagle-nest-live-cam

The Elk cam was pretty sweet when they were bulging last fall :) and interested in the cows. That cam slowly swivels over a food plot near Benezette.

Munch007 likes this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I can,t get them on my iPod for some reason it tells me.

Oppie likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's way over my Pay grade :p. No idea, maybe the neighbors kid can fix it :oops: for you.

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m a shooter, not a computer genius :p

Oppie likes this.
  8. robertyb

robertyb Member

Oppie likes this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Should put a live camera in pgc offices an let us watch there hairbrain ideals,ways to get more money from hunters :confused:(pay more for stamps,shut archery down around the rut):mad:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    bbahunter and Oppie like this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

UPDATE 4/12: It appears that the sow and cub left the den site during the evening of Thursday, April 11.
    Video @ : https://wnep.com/2019/04/12/black-bears-in-monroe-county-leave-winter-den/

I saw my first black bear of the year Saturday running up a field like a scared dog, looked to be a couple hundred pounds or so. Right at the bottom of the field was a PGC bear live trap trailer and a maple sap boiling operation cooking away :p:p:p.

Munch007 and xcaliber like this.