Pretty good deal for 20" bolt users.

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by xcaliber, Mar 22, 2018.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Emailed NAP for specifics, will post when i get a reply.

Oppie likes this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

These are 280 grains without BH.

Oppie likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

You see the deal for the arrows & heads? Pretty sweet really. I'm getting lazy as I get older, the quick fletch for crossbows has my attention too. Heck, anyone can boil water!:cool:

Oppie likes this.
  6. Stalker

Stalker Member

The quick fletch vanes I have tried worked but I dont like them.Weights differ,even the distance between the vanes was not equal. Not a bad deal since you get 3 heads.I'm guessing their Victory shafts?

Oppie likes this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I made up 6 of these, weighed all components before starting, and had +/- 1 grain on front, rear inserts, and these 3" Twister Vane Tubes. All 6 are with 2 grains finished. I'll take that. I'll let you know how they shoot in about a week. Just the Quick Fletch on Zombie Slayers! Ran to Cabelas for another item, and snagged a pack of these!:D:cool:

NAP_Arrow_Vane_3_Inch.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Don't ya hate it when that happens :p.

xcaliber likes this.
  9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I wanted to make up six arrows for flinging around all spring & summer. The other several dozen I have are for hunting!:eek::D

jacol84 likes this.
  10. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Dan, you forgot "I'll be here all week!";)

xcaliber likes this.
  11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Going to look at two halls for the little one's wedding reception tomorrow, and taking the young love birds out for dinner afterwards. Next weekend I'm dog sitting for the eldest daughter, they're going to Tennessee for 5 days, yippee! Hoping to pop out for a short spell though. I have three crossbows that I did the ole swaparoo with scopes, rings, etc. Nothing is set now.:confused: I might be out for a while!;):p I think i have them where I want except for the Trigger Tech in the 380, which David says is now out to 4/6 or later!:mad:

jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  12. Stalker

Stalker Member

With in 2 gns is good.Maybe I got a bad batch. How is the spacing between the vanes?

Oppie likes this.
  13. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Actually quite good, and I'm a bit surprised. The tubing seems to have shrunk consistently about the shafts. I have used these before in a different style for my vertical arrows years ago, and liked them. They were way over priced then. I'll see how these fly, and let you all know my take on them.

Oppie and Stalker like this.
  14. Stalker

Stalker Member

I saw these today at Academy Sports.They looked much better than the ones I tried a few years ago.They have the little wing thing like the Quickspins. 20180329_125040.jpg 20180329_125105.jpg
    At $25 for 6 I will pass. Instead I picked up 6 of these for $5 more. They came with Talon nocks. Got them home and they wont clear the latches to reach the string on the Excal. Way to go Easton!:( Maybe they will work out of my other bows. I'm still happy with the arrows though:D 20180329_134640.jpg 20180329_134706.jpg 20180329_134816.jpg

xcaliber likes this.
  15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Paul, what kind of nocks are those?

I just got a dozen 2219 raw shafts coming. I am going to do conventional fletching though.

Oppie likes this.
  16. Stalker

Stalker Member

Talon Nocks. Their Eastons version of the Omni nock,you cant load them wrong.But they wont work in a Ecal. Their too wide and hit the latches.I haven't tried them with my other bows yet.

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  17. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I got those too.:rolleyes: $16.99 for 6, bought a dozen.:D

Stalker likes this.
  18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Note: these are 48 grains, 14 grains heavier than the Quick Spin 3" version!

Stalker likes this.
  19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I've decide I may have to switch to some old aluminum shafts just for spring gobbler hunting, my chances of losing arrows are very high so why send a expensive carbon arrow with lighted nocks out to the weeds never to be seen again :p....

Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  20. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Good idea, but for the price of the tag, I'd send them my best!:pdead: