Rage hypodermic

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Masboy, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Son brought me down some Chinese hypodermic today to test . I have three an 2 of the three spin great ,not a nice smooth finish like the 45$ ones . I sharpened the blades on my paper wheel by just polishing alittle an got razer shave sharp with them,so good enough metal in my book . nice lock collars that hold good from the high power noxtrix .

shot them at 50yd in the wind today an deadly accurate right with my fieldpoints . ,got 2 in my noxtrix arrow holder :oops: no hunting tonight as I,m stuck here watching the mother inlaw this fine Halloween evening as the wife had to go to work :mad: were heading out in the morning,him in MD as he,s got his eye on a big boy running around ,me a couple miles away looking for a shooter :p a shooters defined as the mood I'm in :p

If a great well made broadhead like a slicktrick at fair prices like 25$ for 3, I would not think of buying a China knock off ,but 45$ for three rages that are probably made in China anyway ,no way! I will take the knock offs at alittle over 1$ each on eBay :oops:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Delta-Stan likes this.
  2. robertyb

robertyb Member

I had bought two packs of originals while they were on sale and then saw the Chinadermics and bought 6 for $5.99 shipped. Liked them well enough that I sold the two unused packs I had bought and stocked up on the knockoffs. I now have 16 125 grain and 24 100 grain heads for my $45.00 . :)

Delta-Stan likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Good deal! I see them on eBay for 21$ for 24 including a case :oops: I,m waiting fo see some Chinese rage hypodermic trypan broadheads that are titanium .2 inch cut an the blades are swept back more,thicker blades like they should be. son has some an 50$ for 3 :eek: but fine heads in my opinion compared to other rage.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  4. robertyb

robertyb Member

If you buy get the 100 or 125 grain 2.3" cut ones. There give a true 3" cut. Devastating on a deer.

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My other Son just wacked a nice 8 point this evening with the crossbow rage from the bextrix. blood everywhere an went 25yd. so the rage done the job. all 3 of my sons have rage broadheads on there arrows:confused: all using the hypodermic including me for the time being.these boys are all shooting my long stroke matrix limb bows I put together for them.so guess there getting good enough penetration from them.i didn’t get out from under the covers this morning as I stayed up till 1am watching the mother inlaw last night till the wife got home. didn’t get to go this evening as I watched my sons daughter while he went so he could go. was going in the morning but my daughter came home from work with a tire that.s going flat .she has to take my truck to work in the morning an I get to fix her tire . Murphy must love me :p

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    xcaliber likes this.
  6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Congrats to your son, Frank. Sounds like your family really depends on you. If your Bextrix or Noxtrix can't get good enough penetration, I don't know what would.;)

7. William II

William II New Member

Masboy, the outrageous price of most hunting broadheads has been a big gripe of mine for years.

I have heard all the arguments as to why they are so expensive, "engineering costs, research and development, etc."

Yea right!

8. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

I tried Rage several years ago. I missed a turkey with one, no fault of the broadhead, that was completely operator error. I never did connect with a deer while using them. They flew great though.

A pkg of the Hypos have made it into my hands and I was considering trying them again. I've been more than happy with the Grim Reapers and Ramcats I've been using but for some reason I am compelled to constantly try new things.

9. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yep. Me too.:oops: I think it's some kind of sickness, at least in my case.;)

MI_Bowhunter likes this.
  10. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

I think a small part of it is based on reviews, after reading a lengthly thread on these particular heads I felt like I needed to try them again to see for myself.

If we were always happy with everything we had and never desired to try anything new then innovation would die out and things would be extreamly boring.

Although, there are some technologies I wish would cease to advance, but that is an entirely different discussion.

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I like the big cut but have nothing but trouble sooner or later with any broadhead you have to use bands,clips, aluminum ferals ,little Allen wrenches on. seems like I always end up with slick tricks on my arrows in the end .

12. Stalker

Stalker Member

I have used rage and other front deploying heads with success. I liked the thought of the big entry wound for better blood trails.

With that said the 2 kills I have made with them the arrow seemed to change direction upon impact slightly. In one case causing a longer than desired tracking job.

Then the final straw with rage was when both blades broke off in my target on a brand new head.

Since I switched everything has dropped within 60 yards and the blood trails haven't been a factor or bad for that matter. Knock on wood!

13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Son just gave me some rage crossbow hypodermic lock collars for my hypodermic an much better than they regular ones. He got some trypan ones an better than the regular ones also but I like the crossbow ones better as the hold the blades real tight. Son was worrying about them being to tight to open but,shot a nice buck with one an had a full cut on both sides .

I would like to see that look like a axe cut from a broadhead just once but my only rage hit was a 35 yd shoulder hit that the deer moved,or it opened in flight :rolleyes: my best blood to this day was from a ramcat. I seen my sons rage kills many time an never have I ever had blood like I seen on his kills. I always say I can,t believe you shoot that junk ,he just smiles an says you seen all the blood I get from my deer:oops::p

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  14. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Frank, you really should be shooting the red crossbow shock collars for the beasts you shoot. I have some i will send you, i have an over abundance of them .:eek:

15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I need my "Love It" button. Good man Brian!:)

16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I think that,s the color of the crossbow ones my son gave me , (they will be calling me 5 second Frank soon because that,s about how long I remember things) they lock the blades tight. thanks for the offer but I,m fine.

bbahunter likes this.