Ramcat accuracy today

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Masboy, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My sons an I been shooting our high power bows lately sighting in with some adj,string changes for the boys I done. son with my old vixtrix with vortex vxr scope was good with field points out to 70 yds . today he tryed his ramcat 100g an field points an both dead on at 30yd,then went to 50yds an ramcats were 3 inches lower than the field points ,dead inline an cut holes .

went to 70yds an the ramcats 5 inches lower than the field points . so turned the power ring down a bit an he was dead on with 2 shots at 50yds that touched holes then went to 70yds an shot 2 shots an both cut holes again hitting the right edge of a 1 inch bull :eek: I was shocked how good these things fly as he out shot his field points with them :eek: ,but like most fixed blades I,ve shot past 50yds they drop more than field points for me . he,s a happy boy an ready with a big smile

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Just remember, the threads are left hand to lock the blades back, and make sure they are all the way back. I find them to be very consistent. I am going with Muzzy Heads this year. The fixed Trokar heads.

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

These bows amaze me for there accuracy an can,t believe it at times if I hadn,t seen it myself :oops: they are alittle tricky an backwards but worth it for there accuracy an what they do to deer. mine always got blood on them with some from deer an lots of mine :confused::p

4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I've always been impressed with Ramcat accuracy. With my bows, if they don't shoot with field points, I know there is something amiss. I don't shoot them as far as you do, Frank. Also, I don't think my arrows are breaking the sound barrier like yours are.;) I have my quivers loaded for all 3 bows even though I won't be able to hunt for a while. Patriot's quiver has 1 100 gr. Ramcat with 125 grain (1.5") blades, and 3 Spitfire Double Cross.:D

Frank, you have your high power, agressive recurves shooting lights out and locked in, while some other guys can't get it right with a factory bow and good arrows. Aint nothin' backwards about that.:cool:

5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Wisdom & experience wins out over a fat wallet every time. Frank has forgot more about arrows an shooting than most people will ever know :).
    But then he pulls a trigger more in a week than many people will in a year, that makes a huge difference. Keep on shooting!

jacol84 likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Wow, you guys are all ready, I 'm still waiting for loctite setting up on my scope mount screws :(
    guess I got some catching up to do ;)

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Not me as I,m sighted in to 70yd with field points but haven,t even shot broadheads . don,t know that I will as I don,t have any interest in killing anything at this time or feeding the skeeters :p

Oppie likes this.
  8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

:(

9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm kinda looking forward to hunting with my wife this year, shes going to smack a deer with a arrow this year.
    One of my neighbor's had some Dmap license's for us but we had to promise to take a doe each before he'd give em to us then the guy that issued the license's put both Dmaps in my name but I promised my wife she could still have one :D, I ain't stupid ;)....

The wild apples are loaded up here an the neighbor has corn should be a good season.

jacol84 likes this.
  10. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Sounds like Frank has shot a whole lot more deer than I have. I'm still not tired of it, but I really don't need to shoot more than one. It's just the wife and I now, and we don't live on it like some hunting families do.

11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Same here, my daughter & her boyfriend want one we want some, the rest I'll give to friends.

12. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Anybody try the ramcat diamondback yet? Also are ramcats made in china?