Ramcats ready

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Masboy, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I put away the rage for my bow as I couldn,t deal with them as they are the larger Chinese ones an not the same as my grand daughters older smaller profile hypodermic when closed .like said before Ramcats are the most accurate fixed blade heads I ever tested on a bare shaft ,super accurate when fletched. cut my vertical arrows to 20 inch 355gr an ready to go with the same poi as my field points ,Ramcats 100gr ,field points 125 gr an that,s about normal for me using alittle heavier field point to get the same poi as a lighter broadhead

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  2. robertyb

robertyb Member

I love my Chinadermic 2.3" cut broadheads. They shoot great and make a dang big hole in a deer.

xcaliber likes this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

If it works, don't break it! :p

4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Frank, I'm going to use the Ramcats this year with the RDX bow. I either have to use short broadheads, or cut the arrows. Easy choice. I know they fly great. Just waiting to see what kind of damage they do, but most report they are very deadly.

5. kip

kip New Member

I shot the 1 3/8" crossbow ramcats this evening and they are very accurate. They are still harder to get out of a foam target than the 3 bladed schwackers I shot last year. My hands are very weak and just this one thing has me contemplating going back to the schwackers so I can shoot my equipment with less of a struggle. the ramcat blades fold forward some when extracting the arrow but not near as much as I thought they would so there is still quite a lot of resistance. maybe one of those hex shaped targets would work better for me. even the 1 3/8 ramcat cuts a big 3 bladed pattern on the face of the target, impressive.

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Seeing what they do to deer is real impressive.i,ve shot deer with lots of broadheads but never seen my deer cut up like with ramcats,except my sons rage kills.

7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Got my left hand with one pulling it out of my 18-1 when it was about 30 degrees.:rolleyes: Not deep at all, but it took a while to stop bleeding. Gotta be careful with them for sure.

8. robertyb

robertyb Member

I have started shooting into a Blob broadhead target and ended up breaking down and buying a set of Danny Miller arrow pullers. They make pulling arrows a lot easier. Tenpoint sells a set also for a little less $.

9. kip

kip New Member

I was using the bednar puller that ten point sells, without it I wouldn't have ever budged those arrows. I had to work 10 minutes for each arrow I shot, lol I will say this, the ramcats penetrated almost the entire 20 inch block on every arrow, and this target isn't shot up either. 410 gr arrow out of a matrix 350 LE at 30 and 40 yds. Is the blob target easier to deal with?

10. robertyb

robertyb Member

I can pull my arrows from my Blob target by hand but it is hard so I bought a puller which makes it a little easier. I am shooting 100 grain Hypodermics out of a Scorpyd DS420 at about 405 fps. My arrows only go to about half way in to the fletchings. I did buy the 20X20" blob.