Raven Nock bushings ?

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Stalker, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I don't know, sounds like you're on your own if you use them! That scares the chit out of me.

3. Stalker

Stalker Member

I'd have to see them first.I think Frank just uses regular aluminum inserts. Or maybe I'm wrong?

4. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I would use regular aluminum inserts IMO.

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I use lots of regular inserts in both ends with most bows an no problem . Except high power bows that I use no plastic nocks as I have split them an ruined the rear of arrows. I don,t use regular inserts on high power bows anymore an think they are hard on my serving ? with not enough contact area . they look good to me as long as ther not to short an pop out. I don,t do anything to my nocks anymore an just push them in as long as a snug fit an no problem even in high power bows .

Stalker likes this.
  6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Paul, what arrows are you using, the 2219s? I use Excal aluminum flat nocks in carbons, or plastic flats.

7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Those would be for Carbons. I've got Firenock flats that will fit both and Firenock M nocks that will fit both. They just look like they might work and be lighter and cheaper.

Where do you get Excal aluminum nocks.All I have seen are Black Eagle aluminums. The only flat plastic nocks I have seen that I like are the Firenocks. The Eastons are terrible IMO and the BE's arent much better.

8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I got mine at Cabelas.

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My favorite aluminum GT ones at Lancaster archery supply online.

10. Stalker

Stalker Member

What size carbons do they fit? I know Easton make Excal arrows.

11. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

They fit my BEEs. Not super tight but not loose and no accuracy problems. I do wish there was something concentric other than Firenock. Those o rings are a pain, accurate or not.

12. wildcatter

wildcatter Member

Sounds like a good way to make other bows auto unloaders to me,, anything about Ravin scares the hell outa me. There are a lot of other components that are proven to be safe!

13. Stalker

Stalker Member

Are they aluminum? or plastic? Actual nocks or inserts.The only aluminum ones I have seen are made by Black Eagle.I'm pretty sure the ones in the Diablo's are a different diameter and made by Easton I would guess.

14. wildcatter

wildcatter Member

for .300" id Black eagles I have a bunch from camx shafts since they are factory and use the BEE arrows I would guess they are Blak Eagles, and yes the diablo's don't remember the size, but I think are .296"? are eastons, or the ones I have used were.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 6:36 PM
  15. Stalker

Stalker Member

Yeah the Eastons are .297. I dont really like the BE plastic nocks.They seem to hang over in spots like Easton plastic nocks. I like the BE aluminum flat nocks. Their just a little heavy at the back of the arrow. I was thinking these bushings might work and be a little lighter if not too sharp. Otherwise I'll just stick with the Firenocks.The O-rings are a pain but I can use them in aluminum or carbon shafts.

16. wildcatter

wildcatter Member

The Black Eagle aluminum that come in the Camx Accuspines are very light, the Camx shafts are Executioners, and spine matched 20" shafts. They are 8 grains and the F nocks from firenock with the Orings installed are 11 grains. 3 grains is meaningless, would amount to .l% maybe in FOC change, and 1 fps which is not even noticeable at 100 yards on POI change!
    Accuspine-_Nock.jpg

Firenock-_F.jpg

17. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I looked an don,t see the flat nocks that fit the GT lazer 2 anymore at Lancaster archery :confused: but I did see some ones for 2219 but out of stock:confused: I don,t see anything wrong with them Raven nocks. alittle short but people been cutting inserts short an using them for years .

Stalker likes this.
  18. Stalker

Stalker Member

I know the Accuspines are BE shafts. The ones I have in my Spynal Tapps are like the ones in the Excal Diablo's. They have threads and weigh 19-20gns. I was just assuming they were BE flat aluminum nocks.

The ones you have are what I'm looking for.Or something similar like these bushings. I cant tell from your pic.Do those have the threads?Do you know where else to get them other than CamX? I like the Firenocks but they are pricey counting shipping and O-rings getting them from Dorge. $21 for 7 20180216_203215.jpg

19. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

20. Stalker

Stalker Member