Ready for spring

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

It,s coming ,as I been hearing geese honking all over outside.grounds settling some as the frost is out ,good hard rain will settle it good .river levels alittle high by the chart ,going down to check on it today. filling my boat tanks with fresh gas an will be ready to hit the warm water discharge for a walleye or two. giant breeder stripers should be at the head of the Chesapeake now:oops: if the waters not real dirty .the shad will be coming up in April sometime ,it,s some of the best fishing I get an can,t wait to get some on my flyrod with baby gold spoons. can,t wait as I,m excited! like said before anyone wants a fishing adventure ,catch some fish ,just come on down.all are welcome

Stalker, Oppie, jacol84 and 2 others like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Lots of great fishing in the Susky, as long as it doesn't blow out like it did most of last year.

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I know that! worst year ever for the water conditions all year.checked today an looks good ,mabye just stained abit. all ready an going out soon as this wind dies down in the next few days I hope. But it is March :confused: a good one today as I went out to get my licence an some gas.pulled up to the non ethanol pump ,had alittle trouble getting the slot to take my cardo_O but got it done an the card dissapeared ,but the pump did not work:mad:got to looking an I put the card in the slot the receipt comes out:eek: they had too come out with a key an open up the pump to get my card back:confused::p

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yes sir the river is looking pretty nice at the moment. Unfortunately those giant breeder stripers don't make it this far up the susky darn sure wish they did.

I just happen to have taken a couple pics of the river over the weekend where the Chemung river meets the Susquehanna. Chemung is on the top right side, Susky on the bottom, @ Tioga point. Pa fish commision has been stocking the Chemung river with northern pike & muskies for a couple years now.

Tioga point.jpg

Susquehanna, Ny hills in the background

Tioga point 1.jpg

Stalker, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That is some good looking water,scenery ! I,m excited about getting out ,had enough being penned up with all these females all winter:confused::p

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yes sir, I need some outdoor projects to do all by myself! Like fix the ruts the tractor made yesterday, she made some deep grooves for me. Good times!!

xcaliber likes this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I can't wait to break out of here either!:eek:dead:

Oppie likes this.
  8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Thought I would see the Susky this week, but my friend was too busy, and he also decided he's getting a crossbow at Bass Pro instead of taking one of mine.:confused: Oh well.

Frank, are you taking Squirrel Boy fishing with you?

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Haven,t had my tractor in my yard since I made a couple holes when I first got it.i did use my pickup to pull my boat out of the yard the other day,it left sum tire imprints about a inch deep. I hate grass anyway :oops: but hate mud worse.i,m going fishing in the morning if my son don,t need my help tomorrow:D

I,ll leave him in his pen so he don,t harass everyone ,an eat the house up while I,m gone ,as everyone will be sleeping late.i will miss him thow,as he,s my best budd :p

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  10. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Duh... ima idiot, that was a proper reply for the thread that I deleted,
    was saying that the scenery was nice and if you fellas have issues with the Asian Carp situation. They're getting concerned up on this side of the Great Lakes

Oppie likes this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

There are carp in the Susquehanna but there's a lot of predator fish and Masboy with his crossbow to help keep them in check. Small mouth bass, walleye's & catfish are the main sport fish on the northern part of this river. There's also northern pike and muskie's but they are tough to find & catch.

Munch007 and xcaliber like this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I seen carp jumping in the warm water discharge this morning ,that was 55 degrees vs 40 degrees on the rest of river,alittle dirty as my lures disappeared in a few inches . no fish ,had one on that got off . beautiful out this morning, till the wind picked up .
    image.png image.png image.png

13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Beautiful pics :), river is in pretty nice shape for a change.

xcaliber likes this.
  14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sure is! the warm water discharge had water coming over the spillway,I think that happens when they bypass the cooling towers. no cooling towers were running ,but the water always seems dirty there for whatever reason. after using my new daiwa fuego my son gave me ,I wanted to throw my new Shimano nasci away:oops:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

You sure that,s not a home made bomb :eek::p

Stalker, Oppie and Munch007 like this.
  16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Dang! I thought finally, a crazy republican:oops: :p

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Stalker likes this.
  17. Stalker

Stalker Member

I'm getting excited too Frank! Ive been having to drive over the dam of Lake Sydney Lanier here in Ga on my way to a job the last couple of weeks. Its sure looking fishy and way over full pool from all the rain we've had
    [​IMG]

I ordered a hitch for the wifes car so she can pull the boat and I'll pull the camper this year. Hope to go for about 5 days mid April or so. The Stripers and Spotted B:Dass should be biting good!:D Here's some pics from last summer. 20180729_095825.jpg 0823172034.jpg 20180720_203702.jpg 20180716_084557.jpg

I can hardly wait! :D

jacol84, xcaliber and Munch007 like this.
  18. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice ! beautiful place,your set this year ,I see a great time for all.

jacol84, Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Wow, put my cam pics in the wrong thread, DUH!
    Sorry guys, I didn't have adult supervision :oops:

xcaliber likes this.
  20. Munch007

Munch007 Member

The big water of the great lakes is just starting to thaw. There was a little chunk of ice let loose on lake Erie last week trapped over 100 fishers. Our emergency services and your Coast Guard spent over 5hrs rescuing the people. 20190301_161054.jpg

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.