Santa good to you

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Must have been a good boy, I opened a box an pulled out a new Marlin 1895G 45-70 guide gun :oops: I see some 400 gr cast loaded for my new river squatch gun:p

I got a buck knife,cabela,s gift cards,gun driver bit set,big Hershey chocolate kiss .now I need dies,bullets,powder,primers,cases ,shell holder ,mount for this new toy for the small vortex red dot :oops:great day with family with a good meal .

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Nice! I got a Micro 355, a bit early! We're doing gift exchange New Year's Eve with our girls, they have extended family obligations & work, eldest is a Nurse, she works most holidays. In laws last night, I got a nice rifle case, bottle of Casadore Tequila, Cabelas Gift Card, and a sweet lunch box, bag style with 5 cup thermos, Thermos Brand, so a good haul. Wife got Baileys, movie money, steak house gift card, and a twisted ankle slipping on the ice when we got home, hospital tomorrow morning if things don't improve. :oops:

3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Congrats. Anything hunting or shooting related, I have to get for myself. Even my youngest who was the best hunter/fisherman of the 3 no longer lives in that world. When I'm bored, I go put a different combo of riser, limbs, rail, stock together and shoot it for a while. Used to be into guns, but now not nearly as much. They have reached the "tool" status now. Sorry Dan. I "liked" your post before I got to the last part. My apologies to your wife. Hope she heals quickly.

xcaliber likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Hope all goes well for her Dan! sounds like good stuff! I put my time changing things around on crossbows an what a great time it was.now just trying too intertain myself as I can,t think of anything I really enjoy other than the things I aready do o_O looooooong winter ahead :confused: but I shoot something most days:p

xcaliber likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Well, i wrapped her ankle this morning, and iced it down off & on, and she is able to put some weight on it now. We'll know first thing in the morning what we have to do. Hoping to spend the day at home though.

6. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

Not from Santa but I bought a Savage Axis in 6.5 Creedmore. Got it within the $100 rebate period.

Planning on using it as the basis for a budget build.

Oppie, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Good base to start with!

MI_Bowhunter likes this.
  8. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Dan, i hope your wife is ok today. Hopefully the swelling goes down and she just needs to stay off of it and take it easy today.

xcaliber likes this.
  9. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

My christmas gift was a new car that didn't come in yet from the new car depot. It was supposed to be here but with the holidays it kind of screwed things up.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Santa was good to me this year, we were all happy & healthy this year. Some were happier than others!

christmas.jpg

Stalker, xcaliber, jacol84 and 2 others like this.
  11. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

Love the bunny suits!!

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

They had a good deal going on, great caliber also.

xcaliber and MI_Bowhunter like this.
  13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m getting things together today,went to the local gun shops today an got 100 bag new starline brass ,IMR 4198 powder, rcbs shell holder ,leupold base . son gave me my Nikon 1x4 -20 African scope back plus dies,cci primers,hornady 300g bullets. I installed the base using blue loc-tite ,took the lever,bolt,ejector out cleaned everything good an gave the bore a good cleaning with hoppies an the bore looks great an much better than our old JM cowboy models bores ever did.

I put some rem oil in the action an on the bolt. slicked it up some an now find all I have is junk rings so need to get some good ones an some good cast bullets,we now have three 45-70 in the family with 2 being older JM 26 inch barrel cowboy models.I guess to play you have to pay :confused::p

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Oppie, MI_Bowhunter and jacol84 like this.
  14. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Back to work for me tomorrow. Got Sandy walking to bathroom & back, she was able to get into the shower & shower, and the color looks good actually. Our youngest dropped by today, called while on the train in from Chicago. My wife says, Dad needs a break, ordered wings & pizza from the local Pub. Tells me to pickup @ 5:30, order won't be ready until 6:10 the young lady tells me. I call home, wife says have a pint or two. I obliged! :cool:

jacol84, bbahunter and Stalker like this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Glad to hear she,s getting better an letting you hang out alittle while. don,t go getting all suds up an starting trouble as I know you don,t take no crap an how you get along with others :rolleyes::p

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

All Good!:cool:

jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Glad to see that, when mom is down, we're all down :). We had a great chirstmas but it's all caught up we me today, I felt like crap all day. Need to get outside an get some trigger time to get rid of this head cold that's been hanging on.

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Two days of work this week for me. I have two last minute gifts to get Friday for Sunday Gift exchange, but I'm feeling pretty good about that. Too cold to hunt for my arse this coming weekend with temps in the single digits. I do like my soup & veggies in the off season, and the youngsters will get us some steak house gift cards. Tag Soup maybe for SuperBowl. I dod have some kick ass recipes for other stuff thank goodness!:rolleyes::cool:

Oppie likes this.
  19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Great Pic. You are a lucky man Bruce.

20. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yep. My wife has been sick for a few weeks and now has a sinus infection. Her vacation from school is just going to be getting better. She pushed through Christmas Eve, which was our big day. This is all still a lot easier than last year when she had the broken shoulder. I have a cold, nothing like hers, but enough that I'm not motivated to go sit in this cold weather to watch birds and squirrels.;)

xcaliber likes this.