Santa good to you

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Same here, plus it needs to warm up a touch more. But we do have snow + standing corn....

jacol84 likes this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Didn't even try to get flintlock licence with this cold weather ,no river access with these low temps an ice I,m sure. I liked it better a few years ago when we had many warm winters without the river freezing over an I could fish all winter.

I found a set of old rings I had an ok for now an scoped this gun,leveled it,bore sighted an ready to go. my sand bags on the bench were froze solid so got out my spares from my shop. my fingers were num as I had to come in an warm up before any reloading an sure I will get a few shots off today as I only have about 10 bullets my son gavre me :oops:

jacol84 likes this.
  3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Well Bruce, if gun season is any indication, you aren't going to shoot anything anyway. You must be enjoying being the guide.;) I did that for about 10 years, trying to get shots/deer for the boys. Hunting for myself is different, and not quite as much fun.

xcaliber likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I just got done setting my dies up an loading some mild loads with a light crimp . shot at 50yds after my bore sighting an almost dead inline but about 8 inches low . I moved the crosshairs to where the bullet hit an shot 2 more an good for height but 1-2 inches left of the nail in the center. loaded 3 more an moved it 6 clicks right ,fingers getting num by now but shot next shot an about dead inline an 1-1/2 low of center nail .next two cut holes just off the edge of the nail so real happy with that in the wind,cold (done today):p

Oppie, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

You did good! You were outside longer than I was today....

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Took a lot of warm up breaks as I had a electric heater on my shop bench. won,t be as lucky tomorrow as I have to help my son work on his log skidded that,s not running smooth ,he got new fuel filters we will try first.

He asked Christmas day if I could help him some this week ,I said do I have to help you for a year for this 45-70 guide gun you got me :eek: like I did last year when you got me th M2 benelli shotgun for Christmas :confused: the prick just smiled ,got in his truck an said I will see you in the morning o_O:p

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

With a diesel, fuel is always a good place to start. Filters, volume, glow plugs, etc.

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We got it purring like a kitten with the new fuel,water separater filters. he put all the plex glass back in it an with the heater its snug as a bug in a rug inside .what a ruff ride over hard frozen ground,feels like riding a bucking horse :confused: I tell him I will give your gun back if you just take me home ,he just smiles o_O

xcaliber, Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Gotta say our fuel sucks these days, nothing but trouble :confused:. I put some "regular" gas in my Polaris a few weeks back and she hates it, cough, hack, sputter an moans. She needs some E-free fuel and some warmth.
    The North Branch of the mighty Susky was almost completely frozen over @ Towanda yesterday and it's only getting colder. To darn cold for me to go out and play.

xcaliber likes this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Same here, colder than I care to go out in. Messed up part is that I have been seeing a ton of deer in groups of 4 or more. They are HUNGRY!

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m afraid there,s ice on the creek at least an will check it out. can,t go anyway as I have a gun to pay for:confused: the good news is i,m pretty sure I,m getting the S&W 460 soon:oops:

xcaliber likes this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Brain, turns out Sandy has a broken fibula. Surgery required, but not scheduled yet due to the Holidays. Day before New Year's Eve about 11 am, swelling is out of control, and the color looked bad. Took her to ER for Xrays, and it's broken in two places. Tough Gal!:eek: Anyway, the doctor that performed her knee surgery is out until the 2nd. We have copies of the Xrays, but he'll still want an MRI, hoping to get in tomorrow morning, or Wednesday, right now she has a soft cast on.