Sent the Matrix 350 in.

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Stalker, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

I sent the Matrix 350 in to Danny Miller today.

I had always thought the left limb looked a little twisted.I thought it may be just my imagination and the camo.

Then after doing some chrono testing which fell short of the 350 fps with a 350 gn by about 8 fps if not more I noticed the string on that limb was off centered. The tiller seemed fine when cocked but off about a 1/16th at the bumpers. After talking to Jeff I switched the limbs.Then instead of the string being low of of that limb it was now high. Confirming what I thought I was seeing even though they looked good side by side off the bow.

I had also had some bad serving wear from the latches.I had polished them my self but probably not as good as they could be so I sent the trigger in with the front end as well.

I've heard nothing but great things about Danny Miller. All I can do is wait now. I got my fingers crossed it will all turn out well..

Here's some pics.The twisted limb is on the right side as you look through the scope. I put the stock string back on before I sent it in.He wanted the whole front end with the string on.I think it may have been gradually getting worse. Especially the tiller at the bumpers. 20180124_110246_LI.jpg

I also want to send a shout out to Jeff for all the help and counseling lol! Thanks Jeff I appreciate it!

20180124_104844_LI.jpg
    20180123_142619.jpg

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. robertyb

robertyb Member

Danny will get it straightened out for you. My 350 LE is still my favorite bow. :)

jacol84, Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  3. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Yep, looks like a bad limb, you did the right thing by sending it to Dr. Dan.

4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Interesting info, I have one I swear has a little twist but now I'll have to check it out. Might just be me though....

5. Stalker

Stalker Member

Thats wat I thought too.I actually think it might have been getting worse the more I shot it. That space/tiller between the string and bumpers seemed to gradually get worse.

6. Stalker

Stalker Member

Wow! Great CS! Mailed the front end after 3 pm Wednesday.I checked the tracking this morning before leaving for work and it said out for delivery already!:D

Then I got a call from Danny around 2pm. He said he had the bow and was going to give me a new front end and string.Then said he didn't have the 350 camo on hand and called Excalibur and they were sending it to him and it would be a few days before he got it. Then he said he would send me a front end if I needed it to hunt with until then:eek::D:D but it wouldn't match.Now thats service! I told him no I didn't need it. He said he was going to open up my trigger and get it all polished for me then told me to look at my rail back by the trigger hole for rough edges/spots. Like everybody says Great guy! I'm glad I called him! Instead of doing the online thing with Excal.:D

Oppie, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  7. robertyb

robertyb Member

Danny is the Man when it comes to CS.

jacol84, xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Danny Miller is one of the greatest!

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

Talked to DM yesterday. He said I should be sitting happy like a fat rat!:D Waiting on the Brown truck now as its out for delivery.

8ptbuk, xcaliber, Oppie and 1 other person like this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s great to hear ! anymore trouble an you may stay on the dark side :p

11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

May the Throw an Go guy be swift & sure on his route :).

Stalker, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  12. Stalker

Stalker Member

You may be right Frank.Got the bow all put back together and it shoots even slower now!poop::(:( :mad:The best it would do was 333fps with a 350gnpoop::( :mad:It shot 342 -343 before I sent it in with the twisted limb! The stock string now is shorter as well.I took all the twists out of it and its still about 3/4" off the bumpers! I put the flemish string I had on the other front end on and adjusted the Brace height to about 1/4" off the bumpers and it shot 10fps slower than the old front end with the same arrow. Very disappointed right now!:mad: Frustrating taking the bow apart.Packaging it all up.Making a trip to the post office.Paying $18 for the shipping. Just to get it back and shoot even slower!poop::mad: Danny did a good job with the latches but I'm not accepting this.I payed for a Matrix 350 not a 330. I'm not a speed freak and I know limbs and chrono's vary but 18 fps is unacceptable in my book. I checked my chrono with 2 of my other bows and the speeds were right on as usual. I guess I'll call Danny Monday and see what he says.

13. Stalker

Stalker Member

I just wanted to add I know this is not Danny's fault.He just sent me the front end Excal sent him.The only reason I can think of is weak limbs.

14. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Paul, sorry it didn't come back right.:(

Odd that the string is too short now, as if the limbs are somehow wider.:confused: Makes very little sense.:( I wonder if they sent you one of the risers that was modified when the 405s were splintering limbs. A few guys got risers that were modified to take prestress off the limbs, and that lowered the speed some.:confused: Going on recollections of forums, no direct experience.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Stalker, 8ptbuk and Oppie like this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That sucks!

Stalker and 8ptbuk like this.
  16. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

My brothers 380 is really slow, I feel bad because I pushed him into buying it. I'm not recommending Excalibur without a warning for their slower than advertised speeds and the need to Polish the latches. Stalker, Hate to hear this, I know how aggravating it can be.

Stalker likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My thoughts are, it's your bow, you have every right not to be happy :(.

jacol84 likes this.
  18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

These are both old problems Excal just dosen't do anything about. Latches should be mirror smooth off the production line with today's machining equipment an process control standards. The speed numbers are just marketing plain & simple, your product may not function as advertised, not our fault ;).
    But they do make some darn fine limbs :).

19. Stalker

Stalker Member

I was wondering the same thing.When I put on the flemish string. I had to take a few twists out of it to get the same brace height. What is the Matrix string supposed to measure? The stock string that came on the bow was touching the bumpers or just barely off them and it still had twists in it. It was green this one is grey and black.

I also wonder about the length of the barrel since it was slow before I sent it in. Most say the 350 is faster than the 355.

20. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

IIRC, the 350 should have a 12.42 power stoke. Your brace height issues would indicate a change in riser rather than the rail being short.

Stalker likes this.