Sent the Matrix 350 in.

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Stalker, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

IIRC??? If I remember correctly??? Measuring from where to where?

2. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

I think Excalibur is making their Matrix strings shorter now to allow for the creep and fit the Bulldog series also.

Stalker likes this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Member

I was thinking maybe to protect from low brace height.

4. robertyb

robertyb Member

Specs state 12.25" PS. Where did you see 12.42" ?

5. Stalker

Stalker Member

Jeff quoted me that spec. I think he got it from the amount they cut off the 405. I talked to Peter Balfour a few minutes ago.He is going find the specs for me. I've read 3 or 4 different specs.I'm not saying yours is wrong Robert but I haven't seen any published specs from Excalibur.

I talked to Danny Miller first this morning.He said if I wanted to whine about 15-18 fps to call Peter:eek: I was nice and in no way acted like it was Danny's fault. Then was accused of whining!:eek::mad: More disappointment!:( Peter is sending a shipping label and said I could have got one of the modified risers.He said they would chrono the bow and hopefully solve the problem.

Oppie likes this.
  6. Stalker

Stalker Member

You are correct.

Oppie likes this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Nope, that's not good.

Stalker likes this.
  8. Stalker

Stalker Member

I could see if was whining or being a A-hole but I wasn't.I'm always very nice when dealing with any CS department.Know body wants to help a jerk!

He said it wouldn't matter to him.But I bet if he paid a extra $100 or so for that 15 -18 fps he would care!!!

9. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Ironic, but I found that from a thread you were part of when people were trying to figure out the power stroke of the 350. Someone in the thread subtracted the difference in length from the power stroke of the 405. Could be Paul's rail is short, but it seems more like riser to me. I hope he gets it cleared up.

10. robertyb

robertyb Member

11. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Excalibur wants us to pay for that extra speed but act like it's no big deal when a crossbow under preforms, That's not right !!! If we had of wanted a slower model We would have bought it !

Stalker and Oppie like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Agreed, Excal charges a good premium for FPS .

Stalker likes this.
  13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Talk like that would put the man on my shit list ,no matter who he was :mad: people put up on a pedestal by others are not always what they seem to be :oops:

Stalker, Oppie and 8ptbuk like this.
  14. Stalker

Stalker Member

I agree Frank. The use of the word "whine" didn't sit well with me! I took down the number and told him thank you. If he had used the word complain it wouldn't have been so bad! Whine was a slap in the face imo.

I got the AM serving thread I ordered from him in the mail this evening.The spool was over flowing and he even threw in some replacement bumper rubbers free of charge so he's not a bad guy.The whining comment was uncalled for and out of line imo!

They emailed a shipping label and the front end is on its way back again. Hopefully this will get resolved this time. Hopefully Peter wont forget about asking a tech about the specs/stroke for the 350.I get the feeling I may have to call and remind him though.

8ptbuk likes this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I totally agree ! I feel the same as you about the use of that word an was uncalled for. you did the right thing keeping cool an know how hard it is sometimes. In person he may not had liked your reply I bet :eek:I think it,s in the right hands now I hope,when it comes back you should have a fine top notch dot killer .

Stalker and 8ptbuk like this.
  16. Stalker

Stalker Member

I hope so!

17. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well I finally got it back!:D

The best part is they got it right this time!:D I noticed when I was putting it together the string looked like it had possibly been shot before and was the correct size.They had the brace height at about 3/8" maybe 7/16"off the Reds they sent with it:eek::D. I dont know if it was just me but it seemed like it was a good bit harder to cock. It shot a 350 gn at 353fps 3 times.Then I shot a 450gn at 323 several times. Stepped up to a 475gn and it shot it at 315. So I'm happy! :D

jacol84 likes this.
  18. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s great ! Looking forward to a non darkside dot killer shooting :p

Stalker likes this.
  19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good deal, glad they got ya fixed up :).

Stalker likes this.
  20. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Hooray!:D:D:D

Stalker likes this.