shoot that 6 pt or let him walk

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by gutterjr, Nov 20, 2016.

1. robertyb

robertyb Member

Me too Oppie. I saw 150/200 deer off stand this season and pulled the trigger once. My brother asked me a week ago to kill him a doe and I have not seen one since. o_O

Oppie likes this.
  2. glassman_48

glassman_48 Member

Oppie, Well spoken, you always make a lot of sense in here:) Especially about hunters sticking together. I almost always hunted alone, it was "my time" away from everything and everybody else. I never tried to worry about what people thought of me hunting wise. I think thats why I hunted alone so often:) My dads best friend had 2 daughters, and no sons. So I told my dad he should "loan" me to "uncle lewi" once in a while otherwise he would have to hunt with his daughters:) Lewi taught me a bunch so did 3 neighbors I had some of the best teachers and learned the rest on my own. Keep up the good posts in here:)

xcaliber, OldschoolBH and Oppie like this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thank You for your kind words.
    I've seen many changes in the archery world and most have been for the better. I always hunted alone until I got married, then my wife joined me. When my kids started hunting we joined up with a few neighbors for a small gang so when we only had Saturdays to hunt we could move a few deer so nobody got to bored setting an waiting without seeing deer.
    Fast forward to this year, a couple of the kids that started with my kids brought their kids around this year.
    I hunted with a 8 yr old, 3 guys and 4 women this year, not all together or at the same time either . None of em had more fun than me, cept the 8 yr old, he had a blast!

xcaliber, med1pilot and OldschoolBH like this.
  4. glassman_48

glassman_48 Member

Oppie,
    I have grand kids from age 1 to 11 and some will have an interest. One of the reasons I got a crossbow so they can shoot with me. I will get my old archery equipment out too and see which ones have an interest, my 11 year old grandaughter is shooting a .22 now with her dad. I am looking forward to spending time with them and hoping to be able to partake some of my wisdom:) I enjoy the people in this forum its pretty laid back in here.:)

OldschoolBH likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My two kids couldn't afford the time or license fees this year so neither one hunt's now, wife went a couple of times but shes about givin up on hunting, lost interest mostly. I go when I can.