Simply perfect!

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Stalker, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

Yeah right!!!!!:rolleyes: :mad::mad::mad:

Slow limbs! Twisted limbs! Now twisted limbs with a splinter. Whats next?:mad::mad::mad: 20180907_190918.jpg 20180907_190929.jpg I'm hunting with it in the morning anyway!

2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s why they sell extra limbs :rolleyes: you sure are having bad luck with the reliable recurves. quailty control must be slipping some.no wonder they cut them 405s down an sold them before they blowed apart. the bright side it,s a real dot killer with a great warranty :oops: good luck!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  3. Stalker

Stalker Member

I wont buy anymore poop: limbs. They can just keep replacing them. Though all the trips to the po and packaging are a pain! I have plenty of low maintenance compounds that shoot just as good to fall back on. :D

4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I don,t blame you! I think I would want a full refund after all that.

Stalker likes this.
  5. robertyb

robertyb Member

Break that little splinter off and shoot the bow. No harm done.

6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I would demand a new riser with the limbs this go round! There is something wrong besides limbs.

Stalker likes this.
  7. Stalker

Stalker Member

I dont think its the riser. This is the 3rd riser if I remember right. The limbs are twisted. You can switch sides and they look the same just upside down. One is twisted one way and the other the opposite way. Peter says its no big deal. Now depending on the angle of the pic it can look a lot worse. I look close to the limb tips and you can see the different distances on how the string is not centered.It doesn't matter what string is on it or brace height etc.

This is the splintered right side. 20180908_102758_LI.jpg
    and the left
    20180908_102714_LI.jpg

8. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well I mailed Peter with pics and a nice letter thanking him for his past attempts to get this solved. He said the splinter could be filed off and it wasn't terminal and wouldn't blow up. He down played the twists again but said he'd be happy to send me another set and I could keep the old set.:D I super glued the sliver/splinter down and will keep an eye on it. Hopefully what they send will be better.

xcaliber, jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds good! your making these guys work for there money to make things right like they should be :p

10. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well the Snail Mail finally got them here! Numbers look good. Mirror image camo almost.Hoprfully thats a good sign 20180920_173251.jpg 20180920_155834.jpg 20180920_155851.jpg

jacol84 likes this.
  11. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Never seen a camo match like that before. Peter seems to be pretty serious about making you happy.;)

Stalker likes this.
  12. Stalker

Stalker Member

For sure. His description lets me know he's truly trying! I'll put them on and find out how they are this weekend.

13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Good luck ! there fine looking wings ,after what you been thru all that would make me alittle gun shy ,if they hand picked the past ones ,don,t think I would want any production run ones :eek:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Stalker likes this.
  14. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Hope this resolves all your issues!

Stalker likes this.
  15. Stalker

Stalker Member

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

All is well that ends well:D Hopefully!

I put the limbs on this evening.No twists:D String comes off the tips in the middle like it should:D Tiller is good:D Shot 3-5 fps faster than the old limbs which were numbered 58. I'd say it will push a 350gn close to 360fps with a stock string since the old limbs are right around 353fps with a 353gn arrow. Doesn't matter anyhow. Pushing a 343gn at 326fps with limbsavers and the string about a 1/2" off the bumpers to be safe:D Finally feel like there is nothing wrong with this bow and it is as it should be:D

20180921_184518.jpg 20180921_184504.jpg
    I'll sight in broad heads in the m:Drning

jacol84, xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

That's plenty fast enough for anything you want to hunt. Good Luck this year!

Stalker likes this.
  17. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Glad to hear it, Paul. Also guessing you were referring to your aluminum arrows, which should be 443 grains, so the 326 is even more impressive.

bbahunter and Stalker like this.
  18. Stalker

Stalker Member

Yes a 443gn 2219.
    Yep and if I need something faster I'll pull out one of the wheeled bows:D

Sighted in the 3 blade Swhackers this morning with no issues. Their flying good:D. Just waiting on some cooler weather!

bbahunter, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.