Target trigger

Discussion in 'Doing It Yourself - Crossbow Maintenance' started by Masboy, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I pulled apart my vortex I got from my son that the trigger never been apart. crappy trigger, loaded with heavy lube of some kind inside. cleaned it up an removed the safety parts ,installed my best my highly polished worked over latch,trigger sear,saved the old parts for some other day reworking them. no safety for this setup as It,s not a light trigger but breaks like glass with no slack . no lube an it don,t seem to change with a consistant pull . they don,t wear out they wear in :p I couldn,t ask for more crisp trigger .

Oppie, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Good job, Frank. All of my worked over triggers are crisp with no creep but yeah, not real light pull. One of the big reasons I sent the KI back. Not happy with a creepy trigger. Others it doesn't bother but especially when I shoot offhand, I want it to break clean. The Middleton Sniper trigge is in a class of it's own, at least in this house. 2# clean break.:D

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Excal triggers respond well to polishing usually, last one I cleaned up I sprayed the parts with Moly lube and it's slick but I don't think the Mo bonds well and will flake off eventually.

But I do reinstall the safety lever cause I need to be protected from myself :p .

jacol84 likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I found out if I,m making a great trigger an doing alittle trigger sear work ,best to take the safety out :eek::p I use to pull the trigger with the safety on at the bench to get the slack out ,but many times went to take the slack out an forgot to put the safety on :eek: :p

5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Got ya, darn slacker triggers. Those excal triggers really load up on the trigger pull with the higher draw weight bows where the trigger techs don't do that, through the magic of rollers!

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s what I hear but I couldn,t do anything to improve them I guess :confused::p

7. Delta-Stan

Delta-Stan Member

Hi........

When I bought my recurve crossbows, ( both 225 lbs ) the triggers had some bad creep.

I had to polish the trigger of the Poe Lang Desert Hawk, now it is smooth.

While in Slovenia, a member of the CBN ( WOLFER ) opened the trigger of my Chace Star, cleaned it and lubed it with CERATEC. It was like day and night, no more creep at all, VERY smooth and I did not have to "relube" it yet.

I think that is the easiest way to improve the trigger, 15 minutes work and you will be surprised, just give it a try.

I didn't lube the trigger of the XB52 ( aka CP SNIPER ) yet, I'm still thinking about getting the trigger mod and lube the system after installing.

be safe

Stan

jacol84, Jack Pine and Oppie like this.
  8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Thanks for the tip, and great to see you back here, Stan.:D

Delta-Stan likes this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

x2! got so I don,t lube anything in my triggers anymore as it just seems to collect dust,dirt. I figure if they wear out ,I will just put another one in :oops::p

Oppie likes this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I like dry graphite power for triggers too, the more it wears the slicker it it gets. A very little bit goes a long ways. I just use a little puffer bottle an Puff a little graphite dust on and done!