Ten Point Crossbow Safeties

Discussion in 'TenPoint Crossbows' started by Long Gone, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

Found this on Tid-Bit on another board. I think it is very important to raise awareness about these issues before an unsuspecting youngster/adult in the field, at a "youth shoot or shooting club" get seriously injured or killed because of said safety issues.

Quote from the O/P...

"Many of us know crossbow owners that don't visit any crossbow forums. If you know a Ten Point Crossbow owner please share this information with them. I have forwarded this to WNEP CH16 and PA Outdoor Life for my area of PA."

http://www.mytwintiers.com/story/d/story/crossbow-controversy/14618/_z16-1vtbkCDYkHXwk28Ug

OldschoolBH likes this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's just Scarey.

OldschoolBH likes this.
  3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Thanks, Gus. Sorry to see you get the boot over on C/T.

OldschoolBH likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

That is scary as heck! Thanks for the tip, my buddy, and his two sons hunt with Ten Point.

Delta-Stan likes this.
  5. Joe

Joe Active Member

I followed this thread on that other forum along with all the BS. that followed . BUT the most important issue is get the Information out to fellow shooters so no one gets hurt or worse !!!

Better safe then sorry..........

Joe

OldschoolBH and Oppie like this.
  6. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

Yeah! Didn't pay much attention to the drivel, myself... Safety First! ;)

7. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

Never Pre-Load Your Crossbow Trigger... o_O

Joe likes this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I does make you wonder if there really is a problem, aye? I know a lot of guys fiddle with their safty when bored, not that I, um, they, should ever do this! I have never had an issue with a safety, and I should just consider myself lucky, and more importantly, warned!! I think I'll monkey with my cell phone a bit more when I'm bored in the stand. :rolleyes:

9. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Some crazy crap going on in that thread on C/T. What did you do to get the boot Gus?:D

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I do a lot of trigger jobs an never mess with the safety other than to clean . I preload my Excal triggers all the time on my range before target shooting to get the slack out an just push it off an never a problem. I never push it on an off after that or trust it

I never change the sear engagement on a crossbow like I do on a rifle. Lots of pressure on the crossbow triggers an why most have slack an long sear engagement. I ,ve seen lots of rifles with to little sear engagement that will go off if you keep moving the safety on an off:eek: fine line between having a great trigger an a safe trigger an more so on a crossbow.

11. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

Well... We were all playing in the "Sandbox" and I called another kid "Jello Face". Somebody reported the offence and I got 3 months in "Mutantville", this time... :(

Delta-Stan, OldschoolBH and Oppie like this.
  12. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Was it the same one who called you a gun hunter, and sends offensive pm's to you? But yet does not get banned?

Delta-Stan and OldschoolBH like this.
  13. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

He calls other kids names too and sends them nasty PM's, as well... The "Ignore Feature" doesn't even work with this kid on there. Almost like he talkin' to oneself! Hehehe!!! o_O

Delta-Stan and OldschoolBH like this.
  14. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

So, I guess I got the right one? :D

15. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

There are a couple kids who don't play fair on these boards! They are very best @ playing the "Stupid" card. 'Ol Swamp like to call it as he see it! So... Sometimes it gits him in a pickle! Such is life... :confused:

Delta-Stan, OldschoolBH and Oppie like this.
  16. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I hear ya ;)

17. Joe

Joe Active Member

JELLO FACE..............Now that is funny are you trying to beat Joe Conovers record ????:eek::eek::eek::D

18. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Joe, I think that record will never be broken, lmao! :D

19. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

Hey! At least I'm not trying to git back on there with an "Hide My Ass" IP address... :p:D

20. Joe

Joe Active Member

I here you They kicked my A$$ to the curb a year ago BUT Jello Face seems petty too me they have some real different members on that sight........... DAMM my beast friends call me far worse ...

Brian you speak the truth :rolleyes: ; but Joe.....The truth be told he was funny as Hell used to crack me up ; EXCEPT when he came after me and my posts.......... :mad:

Joe

Bentarrow and OldschoolBH like this.