Todays shooting

Discussion in 'Doing It Yourself - Crossbow Maintenance' started by Masboy, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My long stroke ,matrix limb vortrix developed a king size splinter :oops: no more experimenting notching the limbs alittle instead of the riser. I,ve had other limbs splintered this big an never affected poi ,no affect on this bow either.i pulled them off an put them on the grand daughters 10-1/2 stroker ,added a EOTech 512 ,20 inch 347gr vertical arrows. no accuracy problems ,after sighting in at 20yds to hit a 1 inch bull I fired 1 more just to check ( dang Murphy Robin Hood :eek:)went to 30yd an 0nly 3 inches low. we tryed the rage hypodermic an same poi as the field point at 30yd.the little things ready for her to hunt with unless she wants her dads vixtrix that she said she wanted before.
    image.png image.png

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Nice. I’m hoping to get a quick round a 3D in on a busy Tuesday.

bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Good luck Jeff! feels a little more like shooting weather as it cooling a little bit.

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I have the Micro 355, and Matrix 380 ready to go with the scopes dialed in to my broad heads of choice, come on October! I'm going to see where my field points hit now that the scopes have been tuned just to get a little more trigger time in, and some off hand shooting. Then I'll truly be ready!;)

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Thanks Frank. I’m in the process of making a little bow for my wife and my crank bow is now all Excal. Should work out to a 360 or close. The landowners where I hunt are seeing lots of deer, so I’m getting more excited.

bbahunter and xcaliber like this.