Tractor cowboy

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m changing my name as I got it all under control. my Yamaha 250r was my horse that I carried my guns,bows,turkeys on hunting. now that I sold it an no longer 2 wheel savy I had to give it up. now we have some new kids that moved in up the road with lots of friends an all have 4wheelers,dirt bikes that run up an down the road ,racing ,wheelies all hours of the day an night . I knew the neighbors were all upset an not long before the man would be after them. I heard they were after them an got a few ,none seen Lately. the man comes by here about every day so that put the wammy on me buying a 4 wheeler to hunt off as I have to drive on the road a piece to lots of my spots.

The heat is on so now I,m buying me a mid size 4x4 tractor with loader around 45hp with cab if I can.I will have a orange triangle on the back ,be street legal an will have my shoulder holster with big handgun on board . I will keep my neighbors farm lanes open an have there permission to drive on there property out back my home to hunt . I got it all figured out an looking hard for the right horse ,I mean tractor. thinking about removing the seat an replacing it with a nice saddle with stirrups , leather scabbard for my rifle . now soon I will be the street legal tractor cowboy :D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Post Pics!:p

Oppie likes this.
  3. robertyb

robertyb Member

This I gotta see!

4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Just a county boy here :p sold my GMC z71 4x4 truck,bike,gravely ,case .kept an drive a old 97 Chevy short bed because I don,t have anywhere to go or drive much.everything I need is not far away.I just love equipment an got rid of all mine years ago including my John Deere 4x4 tractor:( some want nice vehicles but not me as i like nice log skidders,big trucks ,tractors .now I have only a use for a nice 4x4 tractor an will have one soon:Di see why Oppie likes his Polaris so much as I have lots in common with him:p

xcaliber likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

"now I have only a use for a nice 4x4 tractor an will have one soon:Di see why Oppie likes his Polaris so much as I have lots in common with him:p"

You have more in common with me than you realize!
    A couple yrs ago I did meet a couple of Pa state troopers while driving that Polaris down the road, they stopped so I stopped cause it'd been rude not to :p, they ask me a couple quick questions then I mentioned trail cams and that's all it took, they wanted to know if I had a deer or bear pics I could show them :). They were very nice and wished me well, never said anything about being on the roads or ask for any license or anything else.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Most times if you're nice to them, and treat them respectfully, they'll forgive a certain amount of chit!:D Then on the other hand, there is that one guy on a power trip!:eek:

Oppie likes this.
  7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My son ran into that power trip guy :mad:

8. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Here in MI, it's now legal to drive your ATV on the side of the road so long as you stay on the shoulder, wear a helmet, and keep it under 25 MPH. You ought to see this place now, with all the golf carts and ATVs!! You can't go down the state and federal routes, but you can cross them. Of course there are those who abuse the speed laws and drive down the center of the road, etc. I like my tractor though, but an ATV is faster.

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

PA not so good ,if you go off your property you must have paid sales tax,registered it with tag ,have insurance , not allowed on the road .i see plenty of golf carts running all around on the road down at the river. me I love tractors with a front end loader .

Oppie likes this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looked at this one today ,it,s a 2oo3 JD 790 with 30hp ,400 plus hrs,garage kept ,looks like new. not quite as big as I wanted but will do all I want.we got together on the price for him to deliver it an I,m trying to get him to deliver it for the price . it,s about a hour away an he has a way to haul it . just kind of strange he don,t really want to deliver it to make the sale ? Kind of a stalemate now :oops::p
    image.png

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Nice, hope you get the details worked out Frank.;)

jacol84 likes this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good thing I live in the middle of nowhere, I like to drive my toys on the roads or whats left of them.
    My ole ford jubliee tractor she stays at home though. There's lots of Amish buggy's on the roads around here, not good to meet up with them after dark.

xcaliber likes this.
  13. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yes sir! The Mennonites around here all have those metal tires and ride the roads at will, despite many signs saying "non-pneumatic tires prohibited":rolleyes:. This is a tough time of year, especially Sunday nights when they are out for rides, most wearing all or mostly black. Most have blinkers on their bikes, but one that cut through traffic at an intersection on 222 last Sunday did not.:eek: Just glad I saw him in time.

Hope the JD does well for you, Frank. The Deere the project owns is our most reliable tractor, though the director says all the smaller Deeres are made in Japan. One thing I hate is driving them over the road to get to our various well scattered plots.:(

14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Amish are taking over here as they buy about all the farms that come up forsale around here.now there buying lots of the houses also an renting them out.my home is surrounded by,sets in the middle of 3 Amish farms. I offered to sell them mine :p they get ran over quite often around here as this is Amish county in all directions for many miles.

15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I just passed a buggy a few minutes ago that has two Yellow blinker lights on the back of it, that was a first. Most of them just have small red tail lights or one small blinkie light on the buggy. They like living dangrous around here.
    They have a bunch of dairy farms, several saw mills and stone quarry's around here. They used to have a cheese factory a couple miles over the hill but they sold it to a investor a long time ago but they retained the Amish cheese house name and they do a tremendous business.

16. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

I have that tractor, Mine is a 2008 version . A real work horse !!!

jacol84, xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  17. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I read good things about it. mine years ago was a 4300 ,460 loader,hydrostatic an a fine tractor .

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I don't think you can go wrong with a decent condition John Deere. Parts & service are readily available plus the internet is loaded with guys that know all the tricks an things to watch out for.

jacol84 likes this.
  19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'll have to drive by this guys John Deere shrine & get a pic. or two to post here. :) Maybe next week I'll get out that way.

Oppie likes this.
  20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Inquiring minds need pictures :D.

xcaliber likes this.