Tractor cowboy

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Nov 28, 2018.

1. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Lol ! I'd rather ride with a drunk than someone texting !!!

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Here ya go, Dan.

love it button.jpg

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Not getting any smarter:confused: today I was doing some more service on my tractor ,changed oil, filter ,new light lens,bulb,air in my tires .then came the hard part as I had the hood protecter tilted down with the hood up .looked in an the fuel fill lid set on top the tank in the very rear next to the firewall:confused: I was cursing JD for putting it in such a place that i had to use a 2 gal can an fill it many times to fuel up:mad: got er done as I added too the fuel some power services fuel conditioner ,sea foam that are both great stuff.setting here talking to my friend telling him my trouble getting fuel in an he said ,no fuel lid you open on the hood to get to it:rolleyes:o_O yepper I remember now an guess all I had to do was shut the hood an open it:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O :p

xcaliber, Oppie and 8ptbuk like this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Just ordered me a new ballast box as it was on sale an comes with a built in reciever hitch on the bottom ,comes with the hitch but not the ball. fits on my 3 point hitch, this tractor needs lots of weight on the rear,so I have to load it down with something good,would like to get at least 800lb in the box.my uncle has about 20 bags of 7 1/2 hard shot he wants to sell me that I wanted to buy anyway an figuring that would be 500lb ,I would throw them in an something else for weight till I use it reloading shells.
    image.png

5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That'll work.

6. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Frank,
    I loaded all 4 tires with fluid and it made a HUGE difference in the way it handled equipment. Really sticks it to the ground.

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I thought about that as my dad alway filled all 4 tires on our log skidders an what a difference. I,m thinking of going to turf tires later so will make do with the box for now.

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

image.png Ordered my ballast box Monday ,got it today. real happy with it as it fit perfect ,looks well made.i got some rotors,pressure plates,crank shafts to throw in it but need more an only using heavy things to get the weight up.
    image.png

xcaliber, Oppie and 8ptbuk like this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s what the other tractor I looked at had in the tires. I read it don,t hurt the rims but does a job on the valve stems eating them up inside making them leak. nothing perfect I guess :oops: I wanted more weight farther back so I could pickup more weight as this tractor is rated to lift quite abit. It,s not cheap anymore to fill tires:eek:

8ptbuk and Oppie like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's a fact! Nothing about tractors is cheap anymore :eek:.

12. robertyb

robertyb Member

Amen to that.

Oppie likes this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Some guys use Antifreeze. There's a tire shop here that'll send a truck right to your tractor and fill your tires on the spot, for a decent fee of coarse.