Walleye

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

2. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Oooooooweeeeee that's a dandy Frank. Walleye is my favorite fish to eat, with Cod coming in a close second.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

This long jigging spoon I got the ideal from an without a spoon mold I came up with what I call my bucktail spoon. I make the bucktail jig then make it flat,thin like a spoon an works great as both ,will pull strait an flutter when dropping .put a minnow on the hook ,cast it out in the current an let it sink ,lift the pole high quick an let it fall an hang on :p also made my first wood musky lures that you can add the tail of your choosing, solid oak with a tight wobble ATTACH=full]8199[/ATTACH]
    5B91E679-4CCB-46A5-AEE2-53AF184138D9_zpsqx5w3cew.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    xcaliber, Jack Pine and jacol84 like this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Walleye, Crappie, and lake Perch in that order for me. Sea Bass, and Trout of any species come in real close too. You can see i like fish that actually have their own flavor. Crab Legs & Lobster are OK, but to me they only taste good with salt & butter, and they taste like like salt & butter. I love steamed crabs when I drop down to Delaware to visit my B.I.L Blue Gill are great, Catfish one of my favorites, but i have to catch them myself, of go to my favorite place in Kentucky that serves them. I bet Frank makes a mean fish dish though! ;)

jacol84 likes this.
  5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Dan, I agree on the Walleye, Crappie, and Perch. Used to enjoy bright Steelhead from the smoker.:D Haven't had that in a long while.:( I went to my favorite spot in the Lehigh Gorge and caught 1 smallie. Usually do much better, but that's still better than catching 0.;)

xcaliber likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I like crab cakes ,flounder ,lobster dipped in landolakes butter . haven,t ate a fish from the river in years ,use to love walleye,stripers, but now none taste the same to me for whatever reason an contaminated :confused: tired of deer meat ,don,t care much for chicken, a beef eater here over contaminated fish .

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Last Walleye I ate came from below the dam near TMI. Wife said I had a glow about me. Took it as a compliment, but oh, wait!;)

xcaliber likes this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Glow fish lol! These are my master pieces I created ,the top ones are swimming jigs that work just like a crankbait with great action. I made them out of jigs I molded then shaped them with my hammers, then on different grinding wheels that dish the fronts an melts them alittle to make them wider in the front as the edge rolls over. the one setting up is one of the 5 crankbait jigs ,others are lead ,aluminum spoons that I tested with all looking like a wounded shad with great action on the drop. these are all going to be great lures for stripers,bass,hybrids .
    B93BB9FF-3842-494B-8907-60F3145AEF0E_zpsjeoxk3ng.jpg
    B61FF61A-FF92-40BD-9C60-FEBE8812BBBE_zpsvyskf6r1.jpg

jacol84 likes this.